[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

FT-System

Posted By: Juergen Orlowski
Date: Sunday, 19 May 2013, at 9:24 a.m.

In Response To: FT-System (Chiva Tafazzoli)

I am a great supporter of having 3 lives, which is the main intention of the FT-system. but I strongly recommend to improve it by using 2 features from the CH-system.

1. byes to the ones at the bottom who are less likely to win the tourney.

2. pairing players with the same number of points.

I think this is making the tourney much(!) more exciting. for spectators and players! this is my main goal, to make it as exciting as possible.

I also believe that this makes it much(!) ;-) harder to win the tourney, even though simulations did not proof this thesis.

let's have a look at chess. let's assume you win a CH-open with a performance of 2800 elo. to win the same tourney with random draw your elo would be less than 2700 elo on average I guess. in chess a random draw would be totally insane, because in chess none wants to see matches with a great difference in skill. in BG it is certainly much less insane, as the underdog has much more chances than in chess. but IMHO it is insane enough ;-)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.