[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Speed Gammon Stats & Baffle Box

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 20 May 2013, at 11:44 p.m.

I am about to play in my first speed gammon event on Thursday and I have been practicing a little, and I am certainly not playing as well as I do normally.

Does anyone have any stats or information on how much worse the PR ratings go on speed gammon? I know we don't have a good baseline of anyone's PR, so I am only looking for guesses and estimates. I believe it is likely that players who generally play around in the range of 3.5 to 5 would play about 2PR worse. Does that sound about right?

I hope to use a baffle box and hope my opponents will agree. I believe the .5 extra seconds it takes to roll will be more than offset by the lack of cocked dice and dice on the floor and the fact that I will feel comfortable if my opponent and I don't spend time shaking the dice.

And a question: if a die is thrown off the table, does the clock stop? If so, I think that is wrong, as why should a player who rolls poorly be able to get a break and have more time to think? (Another reason for the baffle box.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.