[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congrats to the finalists and some thoughts

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Friday, 24 May 2013, at 8:51 p.m.

In Response To: Congrats to the finalists and some thoughts (Phil Simborg)

First of all do not mix up the topic. Lowering entry fee and paying more places are completely separate issue and I have no problem of lowering entry fee, if it attracts more players. (However it usually attracts intermediate players to play championship and doesn't increase the TOTAL number of players, IMO)

Also I didn't say which is better for my long term benefit. Even if it hurts my long term equity I still like to pay 1/8 places. It is the way I like. (By the way, if it is long term benefit for me then it is long time loss for most players. Why you even suggest it ?)

However I still have to ask "does it really matter?" Do people check if TD pays 4 or 8 before they come to the tournament? "Oh I don't go to Chicago Open because they pay only 2 places - that is too much for me" I have never heard of it.

I like the way London Open held and we made it zero entry fee for beginners in Japan Open and Ouisen.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.