[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congrats to the finalists and some thoughts

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 24 May 2013, at 10:17 p.m.

In Response To: Congrats to the finalists and some thoughts (Mochy)

You are correct, people do not check ahead of time, but people know that after they go to 10 tournaments and don't cash they they are going to find another pasttime. People vote with their feet, and the voting is clear.

As for "long term" benefit, I believe that long term will be very short. I believe that the Giants event that was held this weekend would have had more players at an entry fee of $300 less and paying 8 places, and the total money for the first and second would have been more money, and that's not even counting the side pool. There are people who would play who were good enough, even in that prestigious event. But I do agree that the Giants event is not a typical event. Clear, the Masters and Open and Intermediate events will absolutely draw more people with lower entry fees and more people walking away happy by getting some of their money back, and with just a little math you can see that the winners will make even more money. And that's even if we never get added money from sponsors.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.