[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Prize structure

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013, at 1:37 p.m.

In Response To: Prize structure (Ray Kershaw)

I like this structure of multiple side-pools very much, and have seen it used many times. Of course, for major events you don't really want to have novices playing giants as it simply isn't practical or challenging for the Giants and it is intimidating for the novices and there is a risk that spectators might not know the difference between the two.

On a side note, one thing that we are seeing more and more in these events where we have Giants competing and many matches are being taped, recorded, and immediately put into XG for evaluation, is that we are seeing more and more matches played at under 2.5 PR and occasionally under 1 PR. I believe Petko posted two matches under 2 so far and several other matches by other Giants have recently been recorded at very low numbers. (Remember MCG's match in San Antonio played under 1.0!)

The competition is getting much tougher at the higher levels. It is hard to imagine that it will ever be possible to play much better than that.

As much as it would be an honor for a novice to get to play a Giant, I am not sure how many Giants would appreciate flying across the globe to play a Novice, but again, at a local or club event, I like your approach a lot.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.