[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 (long)

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013, at 3:21 p.m.

In Response To: pay-out and entry fees (Chiva Tafazzoli)

Chiva wrote, "I am also a big fan to paying one prize per 8 players of a field."

As am I.

But for an event like the Giants invitational I am OK with paying 4 places when there's 16 players since we played BG all day the previous in the Olympiad format to qualify. When you do that much "work" I don't mind being paid for it.

Another reason 4 places were paid is that it is in brochure and more than 16 players were expected and hoped for.

It may seem nice to some to pay all 8 qualifiers, but that really seems to diluted.

Lets assume the entry was 1 and there was no rake. If we pay 8 places out of 16, we have to pay 40/20/10/10/5/5/5/5 and LOL, those in 5th thru 8 places only get back 0.8 which is less than their entry fee of 1, so what's the point?

But it payed for places as I think is good for 16 player Masters events.

Now it returns 50/25/12.5/12.5 and the prizes are 8,4,2,2. So in my case being a losing semi-finalist I get a prize of 2, which is double my entry fee and would seem to be worthwhile.

But what if it paid only 2 places? 66.7% and 33.3%. Then the winner gets 10.667 and 2nd place 5.333. However, I do think that the eventual winner of this event or most 16 player masters will be quite happy getting a prize of 8 and a nice trophy and the title and second place will be happy with 4.

Another reason I like paying 4 when there's a full 16 in Masters is that Masters is a single elim event. But I also have no problem paying just 4 when Masters has 32.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.