[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Paul's lecture (Backgame) is uploaded

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2013, at 1:45 p.m.

In Response To: Paul's lecture (Backgame) is uploaded (Mochy)

When Paul handed out the problems, which I saw for the first time (even though I assisted in the presentation), I offered 10-1 odds that nobody in the room would get all 10 correct. NOBODY took the bet, though Koca asked if I would give 20-1, and to anyone but Koca I probably would have said yes (I have a very negative track record in deals with Koca).

I believe Mochy is correct that the next best was 6. Later in the day Jake took the quiz and did it quickly to be under the same time-pressure as the rest of us, and I believe he got 6.

Matt was awarded some fantastic prizes by Paul and by myself on behalf of the USBGF and proved that he is not only a great player, but a most generous person, as he gave me the prizes and asked me to use them in future lectures...he said he felt bad about walking away with all the prizes and, at that point, he had fully expected to win the Open tournament as well. I think if he had known that he was going to face Mochy at DMP in the finals he might have hung on to those prizes.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.