[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What attracts you to tournaments?

Posted By: smcrtorchs
Date: Thursday, 30 May 2013, at 12:41 p.m.

In Response To: What attracts you to tournaments? (Sevdalin Tsvetanov)

I believe that you should ask this question to players that do not know about neural networks in backgammon. Ask them what they would want to attend tournaments and how they would like to learn the game. Backgammon lacks the popularity of chess for example and I believe that the only way to solve this is to try and promote the game at the entry level. Make lots of people with no knowledge of backgammon interested and a healthy portion of them will want to advance. Trying to please more existing players is nice and necessary, but it will not bring a big difference in attendance. From what I know at least, when a design team is trying to sell games, it does not care about what addicted players want in the game. Such a team would never ask in such a forum what features to implement. They would ask the casual players or the target audience that is thinking of maybe buying the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.