[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What attracts you to tournaments?

Posted By: Smcrtorchs
Date: Thursday, 30 May 2013, at 8:55 p.m.

In Response To: What attracts you to tournaments? (Matt Cohn-Geier)

Of course the demographic you mention is important.

Marketing works in quite strange ways. Usually in games the hardcore players are quite a different target group from the casual players. Hardcore players are addicted to the game and will play it even if the features that they ask are not implemented. So, most of the time the company behind the game has a small financial incentive to please them more. On the opposite side of the spectrum are new markets or the players who are not hooked at all and are considering whether to buy/play the game. Many times, It is according to the wishes of those people that companies develop their games. A clear example of what I say is Xavier's response here.

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=137956

The way I understand it at least, there is much more untapped potential in new target groups rather than in the already participating old target group.

Keep in mind that polls are done in various ways and for various reasons. No company though would openly show that it ignores its hardcore users. So strictly personally speaking, I believe you are right. Such a team would ask here, but also elsewhere. They would consider everything, but as ideas. To make their decisions they would use the information from elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.