[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Posted By: lucky
Date: Friday, 31 May 2013, at 8:21 a.m.

In Response To: 54 (smcrtorchs)

What I see is that the main choices are attack(62* combined with or run (22/13).

Favors Hit: We are a bit behind in the race and blue is about to make an advanced anchor, run one of the back checkers or make a 6 prime with 12. We also have a lot of ammunition to carry the attack and distribution is ok. Our boards are equally powerful. Initiative is very important in this kind of positions.

Favors Run: On the other hand if blue survives the attack we risk getting stuck behind the prime. Especially if he hits one or more checker he can double us out. Although after this roll we are still a bit behind in the race, timming works on his favor is we stay back. Another problem with attacking is that blitz works well when we do not have a lot to do on other sides of the board. It needs all our resources (including every bit of our rolls) to succeed and in this case it will not be that easy to escape our back checkers and at the same time playing the blitz.

Overall I think run wins more single games and loses more gammons, where attack wins more gammons. I would play R although I have made many blunders doing so in the past.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.