[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What attracts you to tournaments?

Posted By: Mike Clapsadle
Date: Sunday, 2 June 2013, at 1:48 a.m.

In Response To: What attracts you to tournaments? (Matt Cohn-Geier)

I've only played in two ABT tournaments, and just enjoy being able to play in a well run live event. I also play at a local club that meets once a week, which is fun. But most of the time, I'm playing online. One of the draws for me is getting a lot of playing time for my money...So, a double elimination structure with a consolation bracket and possibly a last chance is great. I think larger entry fees for the open division and lower entry fees for the lower divisions will help draw in more novice player who realize that they have a slim chance of winning money anyhow and don't want to throw a fortune away...along with keeping sand-baggers out of the lower divisions because there wouldn't be much money in them to win.

There is a tournament in July that's only 15 minutes from my house, but travel is what keeps me from attending more events. I just don't have the funds to spend on hotel, gas or plane ticket, and taking extended time off work.

I think having side events for people who get knocked out early is great, along with lectures and instructions for beginners to help expand the sport. Maybe something like a Pro-Am Doubles event would be good to help novice players see how a Giant goes about thinking/though process about their decisions.

I've never really played with a clock, except on XG, but think that they are good for the open division.

I really liked the idea of a Giants Tournament, like the one that was held at the Chicago Open. I think people like to see the best players in the world playing against each other no matter what sport.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.