[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Rules in LA--What is the verdict?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013, at 2:31 a.m.

In Response To: New Rules in LA--What is the verdict? (neilkaz)

Again, I don't think anyone is going to "measure" 2 in. or 4 in. unless someone is accused of not rolling and shaking properly. Then the TD will make the call. I respectfully, however, disagree with you Neil. If you hold the cup just 2 inches from the board, particularly if the cup is almost parallel to the board so that the dice barely drop out, you will see why it needs to be higher. The dice will barely roll or bounce at all. You let me do this and I will prove to you I can roll more than the standard deviation of any number you want to call. However, to do this I must be a cheater and someone who also doesn't shake the dice.

In my opinion, this is a non-issue. As long as the guy shakes and doesn't lay those dice on the board, there will not be a problem, and when there is, I trust the TD to handle it well. It is nice to have something in writing. If you think it should go to 2 inches or 3 inches instead of 4, I can live with that.

The ONLY PLAYER I played last weekend who did not properly shake and roll his dice was John Rockwell. He almost never shook the dice. I certainly could have called him on it, nicely (we're old friends) and I am sure he would have been more careful to shake his dice. If he didn't comply, I am sure Pat would have backed me up. But I decided to let it ride and not say anything. Why? Because he was consistent. He didn't shake no matter what I rolled, and he always gave the dice a nice enough toss so that they tumbled. If he didn't shake after he picked up a 6-6 but shook hard if he picked up a 2-1 then I would call him on it. In Chicago, there are a couple of people who have done that. I doubt they can really affect the rolls, but it always pissed me off that they would even try. I began to wonder that if they thought they could screw me in the way they rolled the dice, what other ways might they screw me if I turned my back? That's when I started making baffle boxes.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.