[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Rules in LA--What is the verdict?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013, at 2:55 a.m.

In Response To: New Rules in LA--What is the verdict? (Justin N.)

I ask every opponent I play if he would please use a baffle box. If he says no I ask him why, and if it is because he isn't used to it, I tell him I strongly prefer it and I think he will like it if he tries it, and if he will try it, and he doesn't like it, then we'll take it away.

Once in a while I get an opponent who says he just doesn't like them. I say fine, and I don't insist, but I tell them up front that I just hate seeing a lot of cocked dice and dice thrown on the floor and I hate when my opponents don't shake the dice, so please be careful about those things.

And then, if they don't shake the dice etc. I call them on it.

I have only had one real problem...with a guy at my club who refused the box and then never shook his dice and got angry with me when I called him on it.

The guy is a jerk, and lots of people have had problems with him for many reasons.

So unless someone is a jerk, he will either agree to the box or he will be nice enough to follow the rules. I don't have a problem with that. If he's a jerk, I am sure I will have a problem with him whether he uses a box or not.

Now, if the rules say that I can insist on a box, and I've got a nice guy who really doesn't want to use a box, I think I would be a jerk to force him to use it AS LONG AS HE FOLLOWS THE RULES.

But I am glad there are guidelines to protect me if he doesn't follow the rules. I am glad the TD can say to the guy that if he doesn't shake and roll properly, he will be required to use a baffle box. I think that's a nice way to resolve this problem.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.