[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Rules in LA--What is the verdict?

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013, at 3:06 a.m.

In Response To: New Rules in LA--What is the verdict? (Phil Simborg)

And what constitutes a legal baffle box? Does it have to be of a certain planar dimension? A certain height? A certain number of trays? Certain angles on the trays? Roughness of the trays? Overlap of trays? Do the dice have to exit a certain height above the playing surface and tumble as they exit?

If you are going to put specific rules on rolling with dice cups, I think it imperative to put specific requirements, or specific minimum requirements, for baffle boxes. What if someone has a 4" x 4" x 4" box with a single smooth tray ten degrees from the horizontal? He/she calls it a baffle box. I bet you would take exception.

As an aside, I even had someone tell me today that it is terribly confusing and disconcerting for viewers for a baffle box to be used on streamed matches. They often cannot tell who is on roll. We do wish to expand our game in this manner, we need to make it as viewer friendly as possible. In the same respects, a dice tube would render a streamed match useless, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.