[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Comments about random dice generators

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2013, at 9:47 p.m.

In Response To: Comments about random dice generators (Chuck Bower)

2) I don't know where the idea of making baffle boxes or dicetubes take priority over dicecups came from.

I think it came from the imprecision of this sentence in Rule 3.5:

As such, approved devices for generating random rolls such as precision dice, lipped dice cups, dice tubes, and baffle boxes receive priority.

According to which, what do baffle boxes and dice tubes "receive priority" over? Seems reasonable to me that the sentence means that they "receive priority" over not using baffle boxes and dice tubes, which amounts to the same thing as (as you put it) "priority over dice cups."

That favorable attitude to the "priority" of baffle boxes and dice tubes is only strengthened by the following two sentences of Rule 3.5, which seem to imply that a request by either play to use a baffle box or dice tube should be granted by the tournament director, unless the other player can come up with a really good "legitimate" reason not to use them.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.