[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Rules in LA--What is the verdict?

Posted By: Igor
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2013, at 11:36 p.m.

In Response To: New Rules in LA--What is the verdict? (Phil Simborg)

Phil, you are certainly to be commended for all your efforts regarding universal backgammon rules and I wish I had any experience with tournament backgammon to provide you with any meaningful feedback. With that said, I know for sure that if I ever start to play in tournaments, I would certainly like to have legal moves and clock mandatory rules. As a past participant of numerous mathematical olympiads I believe any intellectual competition must be timed.

However, whenever somebody is having second thoughts regarding, say, baffle box/dice tube preferred rule (this is certainly not the only rule to be questioned), you always say you are not the one who makes the rules, you are only helping write them. So, my question is who is actually the person who made up that (or any other, for that matter) rule in that document? Are you going to name a name or keep referring to a generic "organization"? Whom exactly are you helping write the rules?

Sorry if I sound a little pushy, I'm simply confused.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.