[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

dice transparency

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2013, at 11:44 p.m.

In Response To: Comments about random dice generators (Colin Owen)

I am further disappointed that there is no differentiation (in priority) between transparent and opaque precision dice.

Another subtopic, for sure. There are advantages (IMO) to opaque dice. They are easier to read/interpret, and not only in a video/stream (and if that were all, I would see it as minor, just like I weight the "...but baffle boxes make it difficult for video watchers to know who's on roll..." argument). I sometimes misread translucent dice because the spots on sides which aren't horizontally up interfere with my interpretation of the number I'm actually supposed to play.

So (if that's the case), we have a tradeoff -- easier for cheaters to load opaque dice vs. confusion of reading translucent ones. For sure both of the following are true: opaque dice can be misread and translucent dice can be loaded. It's a judgement call.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time; we wrote our rules to err on the side of honest players at the expense that the cheaters have an easier path to extracting their unlawful advantage. It's not the 1970's view of the game, but I (for one) was hoping it would be the 2010's view.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.