[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An argument for touch move?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2013, at 9:15 p.m.

In Response To: An argument for touch move? (Ken Larsen)

I see your point, however, if we have strict, clear rules, I would tend to follow them.

Now, as several have pointed out, even though the rules say you should use one hand, and not touch the checkers between moves, etc. etc., as you saw in the recorded match, these rules are often not strictly enforced. The same is true about moving the dice without saying you are repositioning and without calling out the numbers.

Most of us know and trust each other, and we know there is no attempt to fool each other or scam each other in any way, so we are very loose with each other.

The importance of the rules is to protect us not only from cheaters, but from careless people who are likely to make all kinds of mistakes that can affect the game. So I know I can call my opponent on a fast roll, or for moving the checkers, or using one hand on the checkers and one on the clock, but I am not about to do it unless I believe he is doing something to intentionally take advantage of me. Fortunately, in the Open Division in the U.S. I don't know a single person that I distrust. (But like they say, "Trust everyone but cut the cards," so I do keep my eyes open.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.