[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

10th Carolina Invitational

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 24 June 2013, at 12:33 a.m.

In Response To: 10th Carolina Invitational (TarHeelFan)

This tournament demonstrates much of what I, and others, have been hoping to see. Talk about being different and innovation! The lower level events can be entered with NO entry fee at all. You can come simply to enjoy the fun of competing and winning a trophy or small prize, and if you like action, there are ways for people to get involved there as well.

Jeb has gone out of his way to make his tournament attractive for novices and even encourages people to bring complete beginners who can play a little and get a seminar (from me, compliments of Jeb and the USBGF) to learn the basics. He's doing all the things we need to make tournaments more attractive to all. And of course, the higher divisions can get involved in side pools and higher entry fees and more financial rewards and calcuttas.

And the format itself is great...you are guaranteed to have several matches and also have plenty of side events and fun things to do if you have the time or are knocked out by Sunday.

This, I hope, along with great fee events like the London Open, will show that people are interested in tournament backgammon for the joy of competing...not just for the money.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.