[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Proposed Cocked Dice Rule

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 1 July 2013, at 4:56 p.m.

In Response To: Proposed Cocked Dice Rule (Colin Owen)

Sorry, Colin, but I think this may be the first post I've seen from you where I don't agree with you.

I believe your proposed rule complicates the game unnecessarily. Rerolling a cocked dice just doesn't take that much time and in the grand scheme of things isn't going to matter very much to the overall time of the player in the match UNLESS he rolls a lot of cocked dice (in which case I hope he is penalized to get him to start rolling more sensibly or buy one of my baffle boxes), and unless his time has run down very low.

When a player's time is very low in a match, first, he simply better be more careful about his rolling, and second, his time is low because he chose to let it get low, and when you do this, you take the risk of having less time to make critical decisions at the end of the match and you give yourself less time to correct cocked dice.

Yes, at the very end of a match, someone might have only a few seconds left and cock his dice and that could cause him to lose the match. That would be a shame, but if he knows, going in, that this could happen, he had better make sure he leaves more than 2 seconds on his clock and he had better be careful about how he rolls.

Why should someone who cocks his dice more than I do have more time to play the game than I have? Why should someone who used up more clock time to make decisions get a break if he cocks his dice?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.