[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

failed 55 blitz

Posted By: Adam Torkelson
Date: Friday, 5 July 2013, at 2:38 p.m.

In Response To: failed 55 blitz (Taper_Mike)

This seems too big to me. Magriel's phenomenal chapter on slotting has a golden rule in it that says you never want to slot and split on the same move (mostly because of the huge loss in equity when both blots get hit). It's nearly always too big. Even though 3s are duped, 1s and 4s are not and also hit (so you could still get hit twice).

And I think the time for escaping has already passed. You spent that time trying to blitz. It didn't work, so you need to work with that low anchor being where it is. White has 9 checkers in the zone and plenty of ammunition coming.

Chris Bray emphasizes regularly that you attack blots and prime anchors. So I am definitely going for the prime here even though the two checkers on the one point are dead. I'm still going to prime.

I would slot and bring one down 8/5 13/9. Not pretty, but I don't see anything else that is better.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.