[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Novi - Match X - cube action? why?

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2013, at 3:00 a.m.

In Response To: Novi - Match X - cube action? why? (John O'Hagan)

Right, essentially. But I disagree strongly about the characterization.

Knowing exactly what was going through my opponent's mind helped me with this. Everyone has been there at one time or another for any number of reasons. Clearly my opponent was thinking they were so far ahead why risk losing 2 if things go badly, somehow missing that I had an easy drop. And it probably didn't help matters that I had been down 0-6 and had come back a bit.

Once the position turned, while I didn't expect the drop, I thought it was a possibility. And even 1 in 4 drops here makes the cube correct, though I didn't make that calculation OTB.

A play like this really questions how unlucky I actually get during money game sessions and how much is me costing myself equity. While I don't steam, I question how often my losses are in part of my own making. I see it happen to another good player in my regular chouette on occassion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.