[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 what Stick said

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2013, at 5:05 p.m.

In Response To: +1 what Stick said (Tom Keith)

A pip counter would certainly be a popular feature with players who can't or won't do pip counts. (I know that there are players who don't consciously count the race.) Particularly so when there is a clock counting down at the side of the board.

I know counting pips can be a tiresome process for some, but there are ways to learn to do them quicker, and simply practising doing them will help (like with most things in life!) Some people are faster than others at doing pip counts, and don't find they take away from the fun. Equally, some are much faster at calculating doubling windows in their heads I believe that many can't, or won't do it at all), and would be disadvantaged therefore if written calculations were allowed. Perhaps some can do such calculations so easily, that it is actually fun to them! Should we therefore allow written calculations, as well as pip counts, on the basis that bg would be more fun? Should we perhaps allow calculators, so we could get on (quicker) with the fun part of the game?

Perhaps you have an argument, but we would denude bg as a mind sport with such facilties.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.