[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Goofy score, can you resist?

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2013, at 1:43 p.m.

In Response To: Goofy score, can you resist? (neilkaz)

For better accuracy when there's a small number involved in the ratio its good to use a ME with one decimal place accuracy. Of course you can go into XG (and I presume GNU) and check TP's anyhow. It is very instructive to go into XG and set the leader at 3 away for example and then change the trailer's score and look at TP's. You'll see that most TP's are a bit lower than 25% but that there's little recube vig. Doing such a thing will help you catch your math error in the previous post as 4/18=22.2%.

Well, my approach is that i'm aspiring to be able to calculate raw take points in my head - I'm not there yet (or even very close), but I know I'll never be able to memorize a 3-digit MET, so I'm content to use a 2-digit table.

I also take the approach to try to address the big mistakes first and not worry too much about small errors. Here, I got the match score wrong and then made a whopper of an arithmetic error. Trying to get that right is more important than an extra digit of precision.

I will take your suggestion to Chow on the match score in XG to get a feel for N-away 3-away.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.