[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Goofy score, can you resist?

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2013, at 4:25 p.m.

In Response To: Goofy score, can you resist? (ah_clem)

The extra digit of precision is for written analysis :). I bring it up only to be cautionary when there's a small number in the ratio.

For example, 2.7/13 is quite a bit different than 3/13 whereas 14.3/54 is almost no different from 14/54.

I'd not worry about memorizing to the 3rd decimal place nor would I worry about trying to do mental math with a 3rd decimal place.

You're certainly doing a good thing by learning to improve your mental TP calculation. My math brain doesn't work the same way as most others' so my advice may not work for you, but here goes....

Certainly you know that 2/9= 22% so maybe you saw 4/18 = 2/9 but then goofed and took it as 2/18 which equals 11%.

Anyhow, with more experience and a look a TP tables, or using a bot interface, you'll soon realize that the leader can't possibly take a 2 cube with 11% chances at any score. Then the red flags go up and cause you to recheck your metal math, thus avoiding the BK Mega Meal (Chuck's favorite) from taking this cube AtS.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.