[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bangin' my head...

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 6:28 a.m.

In Response To: USBGF rate increase (Rod)

I've raised issues with the way the USBGF has been operating for quite a while. While everyone involved is bright, dedicated and well-intentioned, the organization simply isn't being managed properly. It looks bright and shiny but the core is rotting. A "necessary" 50% rate increase is symptomatic.

The things that need to be done to ensure long-term success are not being done. Have not been done.

The rate increase is just the next step down a downward spiral. 50%? Wow!

The USBGF already knocked on doors for founders cubes money. Now it's a broader knock for less money. The $10s of thousands raised was meant to get the org to a self supporting point. But that money is gone and now the organization starts to find itself in trouble, not having headed my warnings over the past few years.

I saw it coming.

But, like the backgammon insider who sent me a nice email a bit ago said, I'm just banging my head against a wall. The people running the organization think they know best and will wonder what went wrong when the organization ultimately fails, never realizing it was them.

So, I take my leave. It's the last alarm I'll sound. The last I'll post on the matter.

If the organization is serious about not failing while it still has enough money to keep operating, it knows where to find me. Maybe it will press ahead with the two ideas I gave on the phone and then come back for the next several. Maybe not and 10 or 20 years from now someone will wonder why there's no US backgammon federation and start one up - I'll be around to give some sage advice.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.