[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Game play rules checklist

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 19 July 2013, at 5:49 a.m.

In Response To: Game play rules checklist (leobueno)

Give players a long checklist and you have chaos. You will almost never get two players to check all the same boxes and even after go do finally negotiate an agreed set, unless that set is used over and over people will get confused on which rule is in effect. Of course every new player that joins the game will have to study the checklist which would have to be posted and available.

Even if you settle on a checklist and agree to use it permanently, that list would be highly inferior to a more complete set of rules that covers many things that aren't on the checklist.

The answer is to do what we have done in Chicago the past 20 years. Write up a clear set of rules that the players agree on and let anyone new to the game have a copy and understand that is your rules. It will greatly eliminate disputes.

If you would like a copy of our rules, email me at pjsimborg@gmail.com and I will be happy to send you a copy. Feel free to change any rules any way you like., but I believe you will see how a full set of rules will greatly reduce conflicts and misunderstandings and make for a more pleasant experience.

When you get a copy of our rules, please do not assume that they reflect all of my preferences-there are we real rules I don't like and would gladly change but I am in the minority in our group so I must live with them.

For example--I prefer no settlements unless the cube is on 4 or higher. I prefer non-consulting. I prefer mandatory extras whenever the initial cube is dropped (you must offer but it does not have to be taken). I prefer that you must make a profit to keep the box (and not just beat the captain). I believe everyone in the game should be playing for the same stakes. I believe that you must take the captain if you take any of the cubes offered. And there are a few other minor rules I would change if I could.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.