[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How to criticize in light of danger

Posted By: Rod
Date: Friday, 19 July 2013, at 2:36 p.m.

In Response To: The USBGF (Bill Patterson)

If the USBGF is around 5 years from now I'll be happy with my posts because it will mean my warnings were finally heeded and enough people voiced enough support for change.

I've taken knocks for the way I've criticized and for the specifics of my criticism. The specifics are correct, as people with knowledge of the situation have confided in me that they agree.

As for the manner in which I've chosen to criticize, well, it seems "too negative" or "overly harsh".

BUT

The USBGF is in imminent danger. It is on the verge of financial death.

****************** From Wikipedia: For example, an inexperienced person, who handles a machine with lethal danger to himself and others, can be criticized by another person who tells him "you are doing it wrong, and you should stop what you are doing immediately". This looks like an example of negative feedback. In reality, if the criticism was not made in time, people might die. If the same criticism was said "in a nice way" ("could you please consider withdrawing from your activity, and use your energies more productively elsewhere?"), it might not prompt the inexperienced person to stop. *****************

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.