[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bill v JOH 1

Posted By: Keene
Date: Thursday, 25 July 2013, at 2:13 p.m.

In Response To: Bill v JOH 1 (Bill Calton)

Unlike #2 (next one), I got this one right. You mentioned that this is a blitzing theme rather than a building one. I think this is largely true because you create a 2pt board, and put 2 on the roof. Almost any time that you put two up, its a blitzing theme, or buying time at least.

I would have made the 3pt here after entering, mostly because its an extra point, it unloads the heavy 8, and I know that 2 checkers are going up. Any extra partial dance is going to be near fatal for my opponent.

Are there any other features of the position here that might be a factor? Well, the score is certainly one of them. Perhaps you should be thinking about increasing volatility, creating more stretched positions, getting to blitz type cubes rather than positional cubes. I mean, you'd rather be sending a cube over while your opponent has 1 on the bar getting blitzed than sending over a 12-15% race lead holding game cube.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.