[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A question about Gridgammon etiquette

Posted By: MishyPoo
Date: Monday, 29 July 2013, at 1:19 p.m.

In Response To: A question about Gridgammon etiquette (Marv Porten)

I have found that if you play too slowly you get accused of cheating.

Just yesterday I was in a match where my opp was taking a huge amount of time over (what I thought) were just moves understood. I waited patiently, because I am very nice, and checked email, cleaned the house, made dinner in between all of his moves. The one time I needed to take more than a few seconds on my move I got this...."???" and I said to him, sorry, complicated roll.

So, the game progresses with him moving at a snails pace and I finally said... "should I be giving you the question marks now, because I waited patiently throughout 90% of your moves" and something else, I forget.

Also (I do tend to ramble, sorry), I had somebody leave my game once because I played to slowly and she will not resume with me! I am like Speedy Gonzales, ask anybody! I walk fast, I talk fast and I am just fast (except when it comes to doing math).

Long story short...Marv, Do what you want, play at your own speed and ignore the assholes on GG who might be trying to rush you. It is your game, your PR, you play it at the speed you are comfortable with, but not too slow because that is annoying, and people will think you are cheating. :-)

M

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.