[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rank 'Em

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Thursday, 8 August 2013, at 8:32 p.m.

In Response To: Rank 'Em (Stick)

I'll take the bait, in certain regards, and try to stir some conversation. I will admit to not being familiar with many of the players -- particularly many of the Scandinavians, Eastern Europeans, and Middle Easterners. That is why your suggestion of a divergent panel is appropriate to make such decisions. I also think it unfortunate that the tournament is always in Monte Carlo -- making it easier for players from some countries to attend, repeatedly attend, and more difficult for others. I will also admit to a pro-American bias; however, with the limited number of US players -- and the substantial number of excellent American players not in attendance -- I doubt anyone can take exception with my American picks.

I base my picks on historical performance, reputation, perception of average skill level, strength of play in country of origin, personal observation and experience, and the like.

I'll give a first group of twelve and a second group of eleven. No particular order is given within each group. I did this rather quickly so there may be some unintentional oversights. So, if you must have 16, I'll take my first 12 and 4 randomly from the second group.

Group I -- Mochy, Michi, Falafel, Petko, Trabolt, Wachtel, Tsinis, Mamlet, Roymi, Jansari, Bredahl, Anderson

Group II -- Yazawa, Sorensen, Hellwag, Malas, Sequeria, Humke, Nuniyants, Savio, Dogan, Salamzy, Pryadkin

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.