[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2013, at 4:34 a.m.

In Response To: +1 (Igor)

Looks Like Hell on an HD Laptop Screen

Just to show what a nice guy I am, I thought I would give you a message that has no width setting. It should flow out to the edge of your browser window, just the same as any other message at BGO. The problem now is not the small screen—I think this will display just the way you like it—it is the large one. The lines are now about three times as wide as they should be for easy reading. The experts cited at The Goldilocks Approach recommend a width of 30 ems because it is what works best for readers. Letting the text flow out to a width of 90 ems creates just as big a problem on a large screen as the trouble I have created for you on your phone!

It is interesting to note that your last message did not format well on my Nook tablet. I think the Droid browser locked onto the width of the horizonal menu at the top of the screen. It was that, or else the Post Response box at the bottom. In any event, your message was clipped, so that the last couple of words on each line were cut off. Meanwhile, the single-column format in my last message worked fine. Who knows!

I’m beginning to think there is not going to be a way to satisfy the needs of both sets of users, although I remain optimistic that not all cell phone users experience the width issues that you do. Are you running a newer version of Chrome? @Neil: Are you running Chrome as well?

Keep on bitching. I need it!

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.