[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Thursday, 15 August 2013, at 12:26 a.m.

In Response To: +1 (Igor)

All the Trouble I Can Handle

Thanks, Igor.

For the time being, I am only interested in the single-column layout. It’s all the trouble I can handle right now. If I can get it to work satisfactorily, then I will revisit the issue of 2-columns. This message might a good one to grab.

I need to determine which elements on the page are triggering the browser as it sets its width.

If it is present, my Nook tablet sets its width to my text box. Otherwise, it uses the Post-Response box at the bottom. The overflow shading that is almost as wide as a text column on the Nexus is much smaller on the Nook. It extends only to the edge of the Post-Response box. As I reported earlier, even that is not a problem, because the browser sets its width so it shows only the text (and does not show the background overflow).

An untried possibility is the one you first suggested: set the width in pixels. That idea is rising quickly to the top of my list of things to try. If the browser is getting its width from another element on the page, however, I don’t think that will work any better than what I have been trying.

My kludge solution is simply to set the width to the one you are getting on your Nexus, and then upsize the font correspondingly. Unfortunately, that might produce text that is too large on a PC.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.