[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I do not care how beautiful their suspicions are

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Monday, 19 August 2013, at 1:11 p.m.

In Response To: I do not care how beautiful their suspicions are (svilo)

After a little googling, I see you are referring to the case of Bulgarian chess player Borislav Ivanov. The case against him does seem far less convincing than against the German Kotainy. In Kotainy's case clearly, he had to be dq'd. Not only did he break the rules by having a mobile on, but there was other very strong evidence against him.

I agree with your general sentiments, but would point out that organisers of chess and, perhaps, even more so bg are really up against it when it comes to detecting - and particularly proving - cheating. My own experience of bg tournaments is that some players are very resistant to the idea that their behaviour might cause some suspicion or doubt, ie they should be regarded as being above suspicion.

An analogy would be when a workman of some kind needs to gain access to our home - a maintenance contractor for example. When we ask for ID, perhaps he shows some displeasure, or says he's got to go back to his van, making us feel uncomfortable. The next time, we don't follow these safeguards - for fear of 'offending' - and it turns out that this time it IS somebody that we definitely should have kept out of our home.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.