[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

backgame surprises

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 19 August 2013, at 6:16 p.m.

In Response To: backgame surprises (Rod)

I recognize that XG is going to have a hard time getting an accurate answer to this one without running in a much higher ply. However, conceptually, we need to build a prime. The best way to do that is to start creating points that can be converted to the desirable points. We also need to make the points that are part of that prime. Therefore the 10pt for me is required. bar/21,18/10. The last four should be something that creates a forward point from which to progress - so something like 21/17 will suffice for now.

Its an interesting position for sure. Something I like to think about is: How can I play these positions when they dont contain the primary elements that I am more familiar with?. So, creating more familiar structures features higher on my list, as from those, I can handle the ensuing positions a little better.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.