[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What would you do in this situation? Match from Montecarlo

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2013, at 6:11 p.m.

In Response To: What would you do in this situation? Match from Montecarlo (rew)

"The lesson is to make sure the opponent writes down the score same as you on the score sheet. This is especially important in Monte Carlo, because there are so many small time hustlers gathered together in that tournament so you need to be extra careful."

Yes! This!! Make sure that you can see his score sheet and what score he's written down.

Use a scoreboard and change the score after every game and get his confirmation that the score on the board is correct.

Some difficulties can arise, and especially in MC because you may not have a common language with your opponent. I once announced scores in German bcuz it was the only language where my opp and I both knew the numbers! And believe me when I say that outside of numbers I didn't know more than 100 other words in German. He was Eastern European and didn't speak English at all, nor French, Italian or Spanish where I know how to say numbers and scores.

And I'll repeat to use a scoreboard!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.