[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2 away 2 away Score -- Idea

Posted By: Rick Janowski
Date: Saturday, 24 August 2013, at 2:24 p.m.

In Response To: 2 away 2 away Score -- Idea (Tom Keith)

I estimate that a 2 point match with dead cube will last about 2.2 games, compared to the equivalent of say 1.2 games in the normal situations (this allows for extra time involved in considering cube action).

How often is the score 2 away 2 away reached in a 7-point match? I dont know but I would guess perhaps 10% of the time. This would mean that a 7 point match would be longer on average by about 0.1 games. In overall duration this probably amounts to less than a 2% increase on average. In a tournament with a large number of matches there is of course a much higher chance that a score of 2 away 2 away is reached one or more times, but these will not always be the longest matches. Consequently, I don't think that a 7-point match with the dead cube 2 away 2 away rule will be equivalent in duration terms to a normal 9-point match. The equivalent I believe will be somewhere between a 7 and 8-point match.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.