[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Live streaming from Charlotte -- please read

Posted By: TarHeelFan
Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2013, at 11:53 a.m.

We hope to steam matches on 2 channels throughout the 5 day tournament. This will be upwards of 60 matches. Among those schedules to appear are Gregg Cattanach, Carol Joy Cole, Ray Fogerlund, Alan Grunwald, Neil Kazaross, Bob Koca, Petko Kostadinov, Alfred Mamlet, Richard Munitz, Frank Raposa, Bill Riles, Phil Simborg, Paul Weaver, and probably more top players who neglected to register. There should be a LOT of great match ups! Announcements with links will be posted here, starting tomorrow.

It’s not free to do this. The cost of a wired connection, which would be much more reliable than wireless, is about $100/day, or $500 for the event. A wireless connection would be only $150 for the whole event. Right now, we are planning to use the wireless connection, since it's not clear that we are going to cover our expenses for the event. If the wireless is not up to the task, we may have to drop back to only 1 match at a time.

I’d really like to provide the wired connection, which would guarantee simultaneous matches and better quality video. But I’m reluctant to shell out the extra $350 unless there is sufficient interest in the community. And you KNOW how I can gauge that interest, right? Help us pay for it! ;-)

If you enjoy watching the matches, please go to the main page of our website: carolinabackgammon.com. Scroll down a bit and you’ll find a PayPal link where you can contribute to a special fund set up by the USBGF to help pay for streaming. Please click the link and make a contribution. If we raise more than the actual cost of streaming, the USBGF will hold the funds to help pay for streaming at a future event.

We will also have a "Tip Jar" at the event, if you'd rather contribute cash when you get here. Let me know in advance, and if I get enough pledges, I'll move forward with getting the wired connection.

Please show your support and help us bring you the best possible streaming experience. Thank you, and I hope to see a lot of you this weekend!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.