[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon appeal and ruling about what side of board to roll on.

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Monday, 2 September 2013, at 11:43 p.m.

I got messaged by a few people about this but I have to agree with Carol's position and the appeals committee that looked at it. I have no other information than what was published on another public page (USBGF Facebook). Sounds like there was no baffle box being used. I probably wouldn't have done what Carol did and let him roll legally given his public view on the lack of defined rules in BG. I also checked Snopes just in case.

"Carol Joy Cole and Phil Simborg met in the finals of the After-Tournament Tournament in Charlotte. Pictured below is how they looked BEFORE the match began. Look's like they are good friends, right? But in the match, when it came to DMP (Double Match Point), Phil needed a 1 to hit and probably win the match. AND HE ROLLED IT!!!!!! However, the dice were on the wrong side of the board, and Carol said the roll did not count. Phil said he thought it was extremely strict to call such a silly rule on him, and he asked for a ruling from the tournament director, who IMMEDIATELY ruled against Phil. Phil then appealed to a committee, and they unanimously agreed that Carol should be awarded the match because of her having to put up with all of Phil's antics. Being the lady that she is, she allowed Phil to re-roll legally, and, to the great disappointment of almost everyone, Phil missed and Carol won the tournament."

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.