[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nothing Could Be Finer Than BG In Carolina

Posted By: Igor
Date: Tuesday, 3 September 2013, at 11:34 p.m.

In Response To: Nothing Could Be Finer Than BG In Carolina (Alfred Mamlet)

For what it's worth, my opinion as a first time live tournament attendee is absolutely positive. Jeb and Co did an amazing job running the tourney and all I want is to come back next year. Nobody in top level backgammon circles knows me (when I introduced myself to Neil and shook his hand thanking him for being so generous with sharing his knowledge here with us beginners he naturally had no idea who dared to speak to him :) ), but I was welcomed by Jeb and Co as a member of a family as soon as I walked into the tournament room. I also loved the swiss format of the tourney where everybody is guaranteed action for at least one full day.

As a potential new recruit for live backgammon I have a message for all TD's. Unless you adopt a swiss system, I have absolutely no interest to invest in travel expenses only to be eliminated after two-three unlucky matches. Because if I'm eliminated I have nothing more to do at the tournament -- naturally I'm not interested in sponsoring shark's chouette side action.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.