[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Dueling Chouettes--Very Cool Idea

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 4 September 2013, at 6:33 p.m.

One of my students plays regularly in a 6-man chouette, and he got into an argument with a guy in another chouette in a nearby city as to who had the better players. So they challenged each other to a show down.

He asked me for recommendations as to how they could have a competition between the two 6-man chouettes, and I recommended the following scenarios. I think this would be a very fun way to have a team competition, or chouette competition, and I'd love to see this as some kind of side event at a tournament, with cities competing. Of course, the money played for and prizes can vary.

So I am sharing what I suggested as I am sure that the creative people on this forum will come up with some other ideas, and one of them just might even be better than mine:

Scenario 1: Play as teams against each other for money. Randomly draw three teams of 2 each from your chouette to randomly play 3 teams from their chouette. Each two-man team plays against the other 2-man team, with full consulting between the two players, for a specified period of time. Say, for 1 hour. Play for a reasonable stake, say $20 a point per person. At the end of the hour, each team pays up what they lost. Then, take the total points won by all teams, and the team with the most points wins an extra $50 per person (or whatever stakes you like). Then, re-draw the teams and make sure nobody plays with anyone they played with last time or against anyone they played with last time (simply have one player frome each team move to the right and the other player move to the left) and do it again for another hour (or 1.5 hours etc.).

Scenario 2: Do the same thing but with 3-man teams, but play in completely different rooms so you don’t know how the other team is doing, and then compare total points.

Scenario 3: The first game, one of your players is in the box, all by himself, playing for, say, $300 a point (so that’s $50 a person per point as everyone on the 6-man team has a piece of the action.) The player in the box plays alone, with no consulting or help from the rest of the team on checker play, but the entire team can decide on cube action (provided there is no discussion about the checker plays). The 6 guys on the other side can consult on everything. Do this 6 games, and then, the other side is the box and uses 1 player against all of your team. After 12 games, pay up, and give the winning team an extra $100 per person if they end up with more points. Then, start all over and do it again.

Scenario 4. Each team decides who is their No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th player, and the no. 1’s play against each other, heads up money games, while each of the others play money games heads up, again, for an hour. Then pay up, and then switch so that 1 plays 3, 2 plays 4 and 5 plays 6 and do it again. And if there is time, do it again. How you pay off and set the stakes is up to you.

Lastly, you can do a combination of 2 or more of the above depending on how much time you have.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.