[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Good ruling/Bad Rule

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 6 September 2013, at 4:40 a.m.

In Response To: Good ruling/Bad Rule (Keene)

Again, Keene, you are an Open level player. You have experience; you have a high respect for the game and for your opponents; and you care about your reputation. If you move illegally against me and it is a move in your favor, I would be certain that is was an accident. I did not say it won't happen...but I did say that I believe it would not be intentional.

However, if you did it often, and it was almost always in your favor, I will consider you a cheater, and I will watch you like a hawk and never cut you any slack in any way.

If you are saying that it is possible that you might make mistakes in your own favor consistently because of your wishful thinking, again, I don't think that can happen if you are truly a good, honest person who respects the game. Why? Because after you've done it a few times you will realize that you have a tendency to move incorrectly and out of courtesy to your opponents and out of respect for the game, you will be more careful and stop doing it.

I absolutely hate it when I make an illegal play that is to my benefit. And I hate it not just because I am afraid my opponent might think I am cheating, but because I would hate to find out later I got away with it and gained an advantage that way and possibly won because of it. I am sure you feel the same way.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.