[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT Tennis

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2013, at 3:37 p.m.

In Response To: OT Tennis (Bob Koca)

So neither of you are actually going to answer the question I asked. I feel like I should be talking politics on FB.

There are lots of examples but to both of you Secretariat's accomplishments are still equally impressive even though post mortem during the necropsy they found a heart as big as the day is long that basically accounted for his success?

It's ok to have this or that built in advantage because of whatever chromosomes you have. It doesn't mean I'm not allowed to try to take stock of that when I judge how to size someone up against the best throughout history.

The number of majors won is not all that matters. It matters who was around as competition when you won them. It matters how you won them. Again, I'll point to my boy Federer. Did he win the French? Yup, one time. Did he beat Nadal to do it? Nope. To me, a lot less impressive than if he had beat Nadal in the process and mentally an asterisk.

In the game of tennis itself there is very little luck but there is a draw and that's where some luck comes in to the game.

I believe what Donby said is true too. If we switched back to wooden rackets today Federer would again dominate the sport tomorrow. Would Nadal even be in the game?!

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.