[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Illinois State Championships on record pace!

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2013, at 2:35 p.m.

In Response To: Illinois State Championships on record pace! (Rod)

Linda's description of the warm-up tournament was intended to keep her message succinct. This event used to be a full one day tournament called the Springfield Open before it was combined with the ABT event and the name changed to the Prairie Classic. I believe it has a history going back to the 1980s and possibly even the 1970s. Note that it has a full consolation which is unusual for a warm-up. So, it is really much more than a warm-up tournament and it fills differently than most warm-up tournaments. It has always been full or very close by the date of play. Linda has had trouble getting it finished on Friday afternoon with 32. So, opening it to more than 32 would not be a good idea. It went from partially full to full so quickly that posting a notice didn't make sense. It does no good to create a scramble for the last couple of spots.

For those who didn't register, I believe there will be other events to fill that time. I'll ask Linda to post a notice about what she has on the schedule.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.