[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

gagging people on GG

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 22 September 2013, at 11:41 p.m.

In Response To: gagging people on GG (KenB)

White is pip98

score: 5
pip: 86
7 point match
pip: 84
score: 6

Blue is TaperMike
XGID=aBBABBBAA---A-----Adea-d--:1:1:1:52:6:5:0:7:10
Blue to play 52

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

I was dropped last night in the position diagrammed above. I had just rolled a number that all but clinched the match. Of course, I cannot say whether I was dropped by a willful act or whether some circumstance not in the control of my opponent caused the drop. The timing, however, was inconvenient for me.

According to the GridGammon Player Info, my opponent has experience over 27000. By the same report, his drop last night was his 6th. He was leading in only 1 of his 6 drops. Notwithstanding that, his are not the kind of numbers that raise much of a red flag.

I think the best solution to this problem would be a change in the server programming. Dropped matches should be resolved automatically in some fashion. In the interim, blinding or gagging after the fact is not much of a help. You still get dinged. Pausing to examine a players drop record, as is suggested by Stick, will often cause you to lose the invite, but that might be better than getting burned later.

Rewriting software is something I gather is unlikely to happen at GridGammon. I am not sure why, but I have the recollection that the GridGammon software was inherited from GamesGrid, and is not regularly, if ever, updated.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.