[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

We are not short of good ideas. We are short of people who do things...

Posted By: stw672
Date: Thursday, 26 September 2013, at 7:44 p.m.

There are always excellent ideas on this forum for promoting backgammon, growing backgammon, broadcasting backgammon, making tournaments better, attracting sponsors etc.

I would suggest that the problem in backgammon is not a lack of ideas.

It is a lack of people prepared to deliver on those ideas.

The recent thread on broadcasting backgammon is a great case in point. I 100%agree that the best way (currently) to broadcast backgammon is with a low-bandwidth interface that electronically updates the moves. Unfortunately this requires 1) A working interface (bglog is a fantastic start but currently doesn't have the functionality needed); 2) People to input the matches.

We don't need ideas for delivering 1 and 2 on this list. We need people to actually do the development and volunteer to manually enter the games.

So next time you have a great idea for making backgammon better, just do it yourself! No-one else will. We need doers not thinkers/commentators!

Zoe tells me that this post looks like a whinge. I don't mean it to be. I want it to be a call to action!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.