[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Snactation - Simple/Simplified Nactation

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Friday, 27 September 2013, at 9:51 p.m.

In Response To: Snactation - Simple/Simplified Nactation (Todd Kennedy)

I have been able to hand recorded my own matches while playing, and didn't find it terribly difficult. When I played in the last Texas tournament, I hand recorded every match except one that was streamed over the internet.

Rod's idea is pretty good, but there's a good reason I don't feel like it will help... at least for me. When you ask a beginner where the 16 point is, they have to think and work it out. I've played enough and looked at enough backgammon to just "know" where the 16 point is. Consequently, hand recording a match really doesn't require a lot of extra energy. When I play 55 b/20 16/11 8/3*(2), I write down 55 11 32 (b/20 was forced, so I don't write it down). That's pretty spartan, and I'm not stopping to think about whether that was the 11 point or the 10 point. Once in a great while (often with small doubles) I write out the move in full. My opponents have remarked to me that they didn't think I was really recording the entire move, as I was doing it so quickly.

If Rod's method works for you, then I'd say it's a hand-recording improvement over trying to nactate an entire match.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.