[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Would it be so bad... Backgammon in the future

Posted By: sebalotek
Date: Monday, 30 September 2013, at 8:57 p.m.

In Response To: Would it be so bad... Backgammon on Touchscreens? (AP)

>> If there was a tablet say about 4 times the size of an ipad, I can see this becoming the tournament standard.

You should check these 18 / 20 inch badboys out..

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9239425/It_s_a_desktop_It_s_a_tablet_Dell_XPS_18_vs._Sony_Vaio_Tap_20?pageNumber=1

Current generation is a little bit on the heavy side (5 lbs./11.5 lbs.) and a tad overpriced in terms of price/performance but both should go down over time.

Install your bg A.I. of choice then rock up to the tournament. Set up your e-board in just a few seconds (once you've booted up). Easily save and resume matches, automatic transcription, run post-match analysis, archive the match files, reduce match score confusion, stream live video over the internet direct from your desktop via Ustream Desktop Presenter (or maybe Camtasia Studio / Livestream Procaster / Xsplit Broadcaster or similar), practically eliminate illegal moves plus lots of other electronic benefits. I also think both are WiDi capable to wirelessly transmit matches to a larger on-site spectator projector.

I think the tech for the roll-up touchscreens you described is probably still a good decade off being refined, 20+ inches and affordable, but the next generation of the devices mentioned above might well fill the gap.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.