[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

32 vs a backgame at DMP

Posted By: smcrtorchs
Date: Tuesday, 8 October 2013, at 10:34 a.m.

In Response To: 32 vs a backgame at DMP (lucky)

There is another play that allows brown to play a bad 6 along with a bad 5. If yellow leaves the 9 slotted, then 5es and 6es are pretty bad for brown after this. I think with QF I will choose 9/7 4/1. OTB I believe I would just oversee this play 98% of the time. Yellow has enough flexibility after this play and if he/she recycles a checker he/she will benefit.

After clearing the 8, any 5 would give brown good winning chances especially at DMP where he/she can stay up to very late into yellow's board. If yellow leaves the 9 slotted, then any 6 would force brown either to play deep in his board or break 1 of his anchors before yellow completes his/her bear in phase.

Usually DMP calls for extra tricks against backgames. Clearing the 8 here would yield more gammons if yellow breaks his/her 23 anchor and probably for money it would be the correct play.

I hope I did not convince my self into another blunder.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.