[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cheapskate?

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Wednesday, 9 October 2013, at 4:02 a.m.

In Response To: Cheapskate? (Rod)

Yeah, that is huge.

If I won an event like Novi, assuming I wasn't rushing to catch a flight, I would try to round up a group and take them somewhere nice for dinner. Depending upon the size of the group and the quality of the restaurant and the size of the prize, that might run 5%-10%.

Of course not everyone sticks around after an event, but it is the thought that counts.

Of course when it comes to picking up the check, you might run into this situation. A group of us were at a big table in Dallas, and Doug Mayfield arrived with an intermediate player he bumped into in the lobby of the hotel, and invited along.

"Hi," the fellow said, "I'm ..." whoever he was.

The rest of us introduced ourselves.

Me - Semifinalist, US Open, Neil Kazaross - Finalist, US Open, Howard Ring, Winner, World Cup, Johannes Levermann, Finalist, World Cup ...

I think Howard picked up the check, after Doug picked the intermediate player's jaw up off the floor.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.